A Good Landing Page is one which tells the visitor in one sight almost everything.
According to me(based on the research I did), A Great Landing Page is one which meets the following:
- Clear, loud and genuine message.
- Keeps the reader on the page.
- Has some sort of Graphical Representation.
- Don’t Misguide.
- Clarifies all the questions which a prospective customer would have.
- Guides the prospect of the next step
Why You Need a Great Landing Page
With more PPC ad networks putting much emphasis on “Quality Score” and related pieces it becomes even more critical to have a great converting landing page. Here is a quick checklist that will help you to evaluate your landing pages and to make better ones if needed.
How To Make A Good Landing Page – Here’s Quick 5 Point Checklist
1) Call to Action Are you telling your visitors what to do or do you let them decide what they should do (most likely leave your website using the wrong exit)? The visitor needs to recognize immediately what the (landing) page is trying to sell him/her. Be careful not do over-do it, because you do not want your sales pitch to be lost in the middle of a freakin’ “image war.”
Since the implementation of the Quality Score by PPC advertising networks, many advertisers have seen their minimum bid prices go through the roof because their squeeze pages do not meet the quality standards required nowadays. Especially Google Adwords requires that people clicking on those links have a “quality experience” when hitting the landing page of an advertiser.
A landing page needs to be considered a part of a website. Include a link to a “Sitemap” as well as a link to an “About us” page. This type of links apparently makes the impression that the landing page is really part of an overall website and not just an “add-on.”